SillyMommy

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hello. I think i'm supposed to update my blog more often than i have (what am i talking about---this is the FIRST update??!!!) So here i am.

Well, obviously, summer had my hands busy with the three kids at home. We had a ball together--along with their dad, of course. Twas fun just lounging around the house exchanging everything from candy to farts....and nothing beats the vacation we just took to Dumaguete---hitting the road, the beaches, mountains and rivers in one week altogether---with some cozy dinners with close friends thrown in. What a ball!

Then there was the bitter-sweet last week we spent with our unica hija---who had to fly off to the Big City again to go back to school there. Do we miss her? I think we missed her even before she left! Some 'very pressing matters' took up her time on her last few hours with us here at home. Oh well.

The day after she left, school here also started for my two boys....I was anticipating another bittersweet moment, again---this time---missing them all, vis-a-vis having the house and my time all to myself again. Kind of a dreading -it-but-looking-forward-to-it kind of feeling ba. But before i could actually 'luxuriate' on any 'free-again' moments----my BP started playing seesaw and pretty soon, had orders from the doc to come in to the hospital for confinement!! You kidding? I had so many things lined up for the week, not to mention the 'feelings and moments' i wanted to wallow in...but it seemed these things weren't meant to be.

In a few days time, a friend rushed me to the hospital for food allergies and a rising BP---had an IV drip stuck up my arm then, but escaped confinement when the allergies disappeared an hour after, phew! (Though they did manifest themselves for the rest of the week thru itchy, watery eyes...:( )

Barely survived that, when i had to gear up for a lecture to some school faculty on Classroom Discipline and Behavior Management, followed closely by a visit by relatives from the US, followed by an overnight thingie at the beach with them....but almost didn't make it to anywhere coz by Wednesday this time i really had to get confined when my BP reached an all-time high of 172/119. Lecture had to be moved, too.Boohoo.

Forced my discharge 24 hours later as i had to run to the market and supermarket for stuff with which to stuff my guests with. Crawled home. Despite feeling wobbly the following day, made the drive to the airport to pick them up, show em around town, bring them home and gave them a good memorable though short vacation which lasted all the way till Tuesday.

Thought i'd get my life back to normal after bringing them to the airport (if you can ever call me life 'normal'?)---but so many things just cropped up: some marriage counselling for a dear friend, getting the church ready for the big Father's Day celebration...son's dental appointment, another sick friend to visit at the city hospital....Hohooyyy!! (that's vernacular for 'phew' !)

But hey---what was i thinking? That's why they call me Superwoman, di ba? Or Bat (as in 'batty')woman ba? Heheh. What's important is i can still smile through it all. Till next blogging...gotta try catch some beauty rest. Wheee---this is fun!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home