SillyMommy

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm baaaaccckkk!!!

This is for July 13th.Yes--i'm kinda getting back in circulation---testing my limits, so to speak. Last Monday nga, i went swimming three laps at the pool with friend Becbec. Tapos hingal na. Tuesday naman, Myrna called to invite me and Lina to watch the movie, plus some malling.
Wednesday, another of our long, extended lunch parties at the club, Thursday, neighbors Espie and Elvie invited me to go ukay-ukay at the market (whee! I found this vintage bag---a little square thing in dark mustard suede unya may fur-lining ang rim---for forty pesoses!). Nalifong ko after a couple of hours, but i just sat down on the ukay itself, so there. Barely 30 mins home, had to shower quick, dress again, as the kumares were picking me up to attend this lunch celebrating a friend's death anniversary . After a polite amount of time making chika with the people at the lunch anniversary, we crossed over to visit another friend, Grace, who'd separated from her husband and now just moved into a new house of her own. It was a cute 2-bedroom affair with a big, cool blue bathroom...cozy gyud, but lonely kay siya lang mag-isa. Sad. She has two handsome sons, both working for banks in Manila. Hubby in Davao (actually Rene's bosom buddy, so that time of their breakup, we had to run up to Davao and console him till 3am).
Barely after getting back from Grace's, i had to take a nap muna (hilong talong na gyud) coz i had to cram pa for Bible Study.In a couple of hours, my sundo came na, brownout pa gyud sa Bible study house! Buti na lang, there was a full dinner set out for us, so we attacked that first, then the lights came on na. Home at 10pm. Hayyyy.

So you see, am back on my feet---just not driving far pa. I probably can get to my destination (kahit gensan), but thing is, after making la-ag there and getting kapuy, can I drive back? While at BS last night, i missed a call my uncle who's a biggie surgeon in St. Luke's---he'd heart about my enlarged heart ek-ek from an aunt earlier, and was compelled to call and nag his favorite niece to come to St. Luke's kay i need good doctors daw. He was horrified to know from my mom that I was all over the place na---apparently, these doctor people take hearts seriously.---and demanded I fly over A.S.A.P. Ay, ay. Parang i'm scared to return his call tonight- kay basi mag-nag to death.

If i have to go to Manila, sa September na lang seguro, when it's Trina's bday, and my bosom friend Joy's bday too. I have a reunion at Eping's house pa in August, remember? Speaking of which, i got a letter from the South Cotabato province SU Alumni president (and my brod), Joe Villanueva, telling me he was too busy daw sa trabaho, and would i please handle the annual alumni party this August for the whole province???? Yeah. that would be easy with me on semi-house arrest, huh. He also enclosed an embossed invite to the installation of the 12th Silliman U president, Ben Malayang this Founder's Day --so hmmm. i gotta stop pigging out, if i'm to fit into my little black dress then, huh? Assuming, that is---that i'm really back on my feet and able to travel all the way to Dumaguete---with all these bus-plane-boat transfers i have to take! (help me pray, ha).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home